Wednesday, 8 April 2015

Sick of being sick!


Get out of bed! 

The dragon murmured the dragon softly. After weeks of disobediance, he lost his patience to me ultimately and spat the flames of fire...

Oh, that could have been a nice story to tell, if there was any kid around willing to listen! The cute creature above was just my companion in that miserable month that made me completely sick of being sick. It started on February... for three weeks. One week break on March for "recovery"  - and another infection. For another week. Now - I feel finally supererb and keep fighting for better shape of my immune system! Yay!

It feels like regaining lost freedom (and of course sharp quick mind that does not think with the snail-pace as before!). I put that infections on accounts of the silly sea-side climate and aclimatisation time in this city, as being sick is definitely something annoyingly strange for me.

Frankly speaking, I am so happy to survive that ridiculous marathone of getting cold, that today I signed up for a real marathon next month! 

eee... I mean I wish I did.

Ok... it is ALMOST  a marathon. A "only" 10-km-long run in order to support a foundation that offers help to patients after strokes (brain attacks). Challenge? Indeed! Not only my sketchning level dropped down drastically recently. Also the sport soul has almost died within over month of constant state of feeling cold/getting cold / recovering after cold/getting cold again. 

Dear friends! Keep fingers crossed for me on the 9th of May, and if you happen to be from GdaƄsk, Gdynia or plan to be around, take your running shoes with you and join me! (Details here). I hope that those 10 km will not kill me (and not end up with another cold!)


First sun,
First larks,
first blocked nose,
first day of spring (yeah!)


What do the sick girls sketch?

Cartoons!!!

Was it the lecture of Polish edition of Understanding Comic cheerfully drew by Scott McCloud (review here in PL, highly recommendable for all comics' lovers!) or was that the sole fact, that comics are much funnier than being sick?

Whatever it was, I tried to keep my mood high this way.

To all sick people reading it now - SLEEP REST AND READ COMICS! 
It is better than than aspirine!


I am a fat golden fish, but eveyrone loves me anyway!
Because I fill the fishes (if I only feel like doing so!)

I should have written "COLDFISH". 


And some dragon inspiration for good night!
Keep in mind fullmoon is coming soon ;-).


Running nose and fever are when dragons got rhinitis. Advice?
Lie low till the dragon gets calm.


Ps. The first dragon picture is a neat reproduction of Korean art (brought I guess from Thailand) that I got as a gift in order to get better. Hence, now I can officially confirm - having your own picture of dragon saves your sketching inspirations from extinction, even though you thought that that all the muses had died in the running nose massacre, fried by fever and sunk in cold sweat long ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment