Tuesday, 10 February 2015

#Paris: Hunting for sketchers!

Neither did I study in Art Fine Academy; nor participated in urban sketching crawls (not existent in Poland). No wonder that the number of sketchers in Louvre truly amazed me! At some point I challenged myself and started a hunt for them!


Photo hunting, of course!


I spent the whole day from 10 a.m. till 7 p.m. in the museum. Good thing to do once in a lifetime. Hunting for sketchers was quite amusing indeed.

I have started already in the line for tickets. Btw. if you are not 26, you enter for free!


At the beginning, I focused on finding my own subject.
It was Nike of Samothrace, simply because I was always in love with Leopold Staff, Polish poet, who had a lyric about her.

I like L.Staff since I was 14. In Polish - not to translate as  for me!




As soon as I finished (and ate all my sandwiches), I looked for paintings in the third floor peppered with sketchers!




Copyists were hiding every now and then! Its number was hilarious!


I would have chosen Chopin actually. 


And it is colder!


And some time ago, I have wondered about a little girl sketching outdoors.
Nothing in comparison to Louvre!

Any idea what was she sketching? Finally the little promising artists! Not only copyist!







No comments:

Post a Comment